Who am I?

I am a tuba player and an Omnist practicing Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. WARNING: My sanity has been in question for may years.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Quality of Medical Providers

I don't want this blog to be negative, but I must comment on the medical providers in our area.   We have a health care system that has a near monopoly by driving out private practice doctors.  Despite the official scores from our government, the service leaves much to be desired.

Recent issue:  We have a online system that allows us to leave our doctor a message.  The promises a response time within 2 days.  Lately I have not received any responses after a seasoned but new nurse started working with my doctor.   I also have called three times in recent weeks to have the nurse call me back which has not happened.  This week after 2 messages and a phone call to the office unanswered, I went to their walk-in clinic to see a doctor.  I  was pleasantly surprised to have my short term needs met.  While there, they accessed my doctor's schedule and made an appointment for a week from now. This time frame is not optimal, but the best I can get because I can't get anyone to talk to me at the doctor's office.  When I go to that appointment, I plan on making my frustration very well known and let them know that if they ignore a request again, I will be seeking a new provider in a different healthcare system.

As we used to say in the old days, <flame off>

No comments:

Post a Comment