Who am I?

I am a tuba player and an Omnist practicing Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. WARNING: My sanity has been in question for may years.

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Poem or Guided Meditation

Last year, I co-founded a mindfulness meditation group where I live.  I often struggle with finding a guided meditation that seems to fit that particular day and often write up something myself.  Today, this is what I used, which came to me yesterday while walking in my back yard.  My intent was for it to be a guided meditation, not a poem.  Which do you think?

Be Free

Morning clouds drift across the sky in a lazy meandering motion, do you notice?

The morning dove sings it's questioning song. Who, who, who are you?  Who is the real you?

The awakening breeze whispers good morning through the tall pines.  Do you respond in kind?

We sit here in silence, but do we see clouds? do we hear the morning dove, or the whispering pines?  are we here? Or are we somewhere else?

Do we only hear the stories our mind creates, telling us things that are not true?  Do we question the stories that say we are not good enough, smart enough or deserving? 

Do we listen to the wisdom of nature? Do we listen to the songs all around us, telling us what a beautiful creature we are? 

Do we feel trapped, like a fly in the spiders web?  Do we see the web as something we have created ourselves?  Do we see the true nature of things?  That we can be the cloud in the sky or the breeze through the trees?  We can fly and sing like the morning dove.  We can be free.  Free from worry, self-doubt and regret, when we realize we are enough, beautiful, and complete, just as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment